LIBRARY OPENING HOURS HAVE CHANGED
THE LIBRARY IS NOW OPEN ON A WEDNESDAY
FROM 10.00AM TO 4.00PM
- Manned by a team of volunteers
- It is open to everyone who is a resident of the area.
- It’s easy to get to
- Has ample parking
- Is accessible to all
- Is set in a great location
- Its dog friendly
- You might even get a cup of tea or coffee if you ask nicely
The Community Hub is set in almost 4 acres of land with superb views across the surrounding moors accessed along a metalled road that forms part of the original railway line that ran from Whitby to Pickering. Located between the village cricket ground & sports field with hard standing car parking for 50 vehicles it has uninterrupted views across the moors, the tranquillity only interrupted by the sound of the passing steam train winding its way between Pickering & Goathland.
The Hub which is a registered charity is run on a day to day basis by a Management Committee reporting to the Board of Trustees & then to the Charities Commission.
- It is a single storey portal steel framed energy efficient building that features:
- Underfloor heating on zone controls throughout,
- Walk in showers
- Changing rooms
- Disabled toilets & shower
- Fully fitted & equipped kitchen
- Main hall with café bistro seating area
- Fully licensed for the sale of alcohol, music, singing, dancing & films
- Motorised projector screen & projector
- A Portable Stage
- Tables & seating for 120
- Wi-Fi & IT Networked
- Excellent acoustics
Outside there are benches made from recycled plastic to sit on & watch the world go by with some of our energy being derived from a solar panel network on the south facing roof.
The Hub also features a Cultural Heritage display to the village tradition that is sword dancing & to the twelve men from our village who gave their all in World War 1 & who are commemorated with the corten steel statues located around the grounds next to the oak trees the village school children planted in 2018.
The Hub is available to hire.
Enquiries can be made by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone on 01947 896261 (answer phone) or 01947 896311 & 07870738467